Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE SHIRT AND BAG


Strawberry-Shortcake-Shirt copy


My daughter is only 1 1/2 years old but she is in LOVE with Strawberry Shortcake!  I was so excited to see that Silhouette now has some Strawberry Shortcake designs!  (I was going to do a Strawberry Shortcake party for my daughter’s 1st birthday, but I couldn’t find designs I liked for the decor.  She will definitely have a Strawberry Shortcake party for her 2nd birthday now!)  When she saw these designs on my screen as I was working on this project she got so excited and started saying “Strawberry Cake!”  As soon as I finished this shirt she was trying to put it on.  I’ve never seen her so excited about clothes!

Strawberry Shortcake Shirt| Amy Cox for Silhouette

Here’s how I did this project…
  • I found all of the designs in the Silhouette Design Store that I just had to use.
  • I made sure the cut lines of each design were set to ‘cut edge’
  • Then I turned on the registration marks.
  • I used the little eye dropper tool in the fill color window to pick up the exact colors from Strawberry Shortcake, then filled each of the hearts.
  • Next, I printed out the designs on the printable heat transfer material for dark fabrics.
  • Then, I placed the printed heat transfer on my cutting mat, loaded it into the Silhouette and clicked cut.

Strawberry Shortcake Shirt| Amy Cox for Silhouette

Now here is the tip I have for you today….if you are using a regular pressing cloth instead of a towel to press this on, make sure that it has cooled completely before removing the pressing cloth or you could tear your heat transfer material.  I learned that the hard way.  :)

Strawberry Shortcake Shirt| Amy Cox for Silhouette

This was my first time using the printable heat transfer material and I am really impressed with it!  As always, Silhouette and it’s products have helped me make a very professional looking project.

Whenever I make a project with a special media I like to use every inch I can. That is why I decided to cut 2 Strawberry Shortcakes, her pets and the hearts.  I can always find a use for them somewhere, like on this little tote bag…

Strawberry-Shortcake-Shirt-1-1

My daughter loves purses so I used the extra designs I’d cut out and made her this little tote bag to go along with her shirt.  This way I could make her something fun with the Valentines day design and she can still wear her shirt after the holiday has passed.

Strawberry Shortcake Shirt| Amy Cox for Silhouette

I can’t even tell you how excited she was to wear this shirt today.  Isn’t she such a cutie!  I just can’t enough of this sweet little girl!

Strawberry-Shortcake-Shirt-11

No comments:

Post a Comment