My daughter is only 1 1/2 years old but she is in LOVE with Strawberry Shortcake! I was so excited to see that Silhouette now has some Strawberry Shortcake designs! (I was going to do a Strawberry Shortcake party for my daughter’s 1st birthday, but I couldn’t find designs I liked for the decor. She will definitely have a Strawberry Shortcake party for her 2nd birthday now!) When she saw these designs on my screen as I was working on this project she got so excited and started saying “Strawberry Cake!” As soon as I finished this shirt she was trying to put it on. I’ve never seen her so excited about clothes!
Here’s how I did this project…
- I found all of the designs in the Silhouette Design Store that I just had to use.
- I made sure the cut lines of each design were set to ‘cut edge’
- Then I turned on the registration marks.
- I used the little eye dropper tool in the fill color window to pick up the exact colors from Strawberry Shortcake, then filled each of the hearts.
- Next, I printed out the designs on the printable heat transfer material for dark fabrics.
- Then, I placed the printed heat transfer on my cutting mat, loaded it into the Silhouette and clicked cut.
Now here is the tip I have for you today….if you are using a regular pressing cloth instead of a towel to press this on, make sure that it has cooled completely before removing the pressing cloth or you could tear your heat transfer material. I learned that the hard way.
This was my first time using the printable heat transfer material and I am really impressed with it! As always, Silhouette and it’s products have helped me make a very professional looking project.
Whenever I make a project with a special media I like to use every inch I can. That is why I decided to cut 2 Strawberry Shortcakes, her pets and the hearts. I can always find a use for them somewhere, like on this little tote bag…
My daughter loves purses so I used the extra designs I’d cut out and made her this little tote bag to go along with her shirt. This way I could make her something fun with the Valentines day design and she can still wear her shirt after the holiday has passed.
I can’t even tell you how excited she was to wear this shirt today. Isn’t she such a cutie! I just can’t enough of this sweet little girl!