Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

FROSTED VINYL WINDOW ART




Frosted Vinyl Door Art | Amy Cox for Silhouette

We have some great windows on our front doors that help add light into our front room.  The only problem was the privacy with said windows.  Every time people would come over they would watch us come to the door, which really isn’t a big deal, but sometimes it was a bit odd.  Here is my before picture with husband posing as a guest.

Frosted Vinyl Door Art | Amy Cox for Silhouette

To solve the problem I created custom fit frosted vinyl art for the windows.   I just measured each window and created a rectangle in the Silhouette software the size of the window.  I made circles and placed them randomly to create my polka dots.  It was so easy and if I ever get tired of it, I can just peel it off!  Perfect!

I really love the polka dot windows, but I think my daughter loves them even more! One of her favorite games is to play peak-a-boo in the circles with my husband.  :)

Frosted Vinyl Door Art | Amy Cox for Silhouette

I used the Silhouette frosted vinyl but this project would be fun with any color of vinyl they sell.  You can be as creative and bold as you are daring to be.  :)  You could even do colored ones for different holidays, how fun would that be?!!!

To add to this project, I also made a ‘Knock, the baby is sleeping’ sign for the front door.  I used a few of the design from the Silhouette design store and the print and cut feature.  Here’s how it turned out….

Frosted Vinyl Door Art | Amy Cox for Silhouette

So fun, and if you are like me and get anxious to cut the shapes before the ink is dry, here’s a quick tip.  Place your printed material carefully on the mat, then lay the blue cover that comes with your mat, right over the page shiny side down.  Then you can press down to smooth out the paper on the mat without smearing the ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment