Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2014

DIY FABRIC BEADS


DIY Fabric Beads|Amy Cox for Silhouette

As a little girl I loved making paper bead necklaces with my sisters out of magazine paper.  I was so happy when I found that there was a cut file in the Silhouette online store for paper beads!  I wanted to make some for my 1 year old daughter.  She LOVES necklaces and loves putting them on herself.  I knew that if I made these out of paper they would be a soggy mess in minutes because she would put them in her mouth.  So to solve this problem I made them out of fabric.

Fabric Beads|Amy Cox for Silhouette

I used the sewable fabric interfacing to cut my fabric cleanly.  Then I used a little wood cuticle pusher that I had on hand to roll the fabric beads around.  I used a little bit of double-sided tape to hold the beads together, but you could also use hot glue or any of your favorite fabric glues.  String them together with embroidery floss or yarn.  There you have it!  A simple fun bracelet and necklace perfect for a  toddler (or for a girl of any age really).

Fabric Beads|Amy Cox for Silhouette


signature Amy-Cox
My Profile  |  My Blog  |  Instagram  | Pinterest
Shapes used:

No comments:

Post a Comment