Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

PANTS REFASHION

Happy summer!  By now most of the schools are out and there are happy little kids running through the neighborhoods.  I love summer time and this project is perfect for the beginning of summer!  My niece had a pair of pants that she had loved and worn out during the school year.  Her mother was about ready to throw them out when I asked if I could create some Silhouette magic with them.

Stamp -Rhinestone-on-fabric-2-copy

  • I cut off the pants and hemmed them for shorts.
  • I wanted to try out the stamp material on fabric with fabric ink.  I was going for a grunge/faded look and it worked perfectly!
  • I also had to add rhinestones to dress it up a bit so the shorts didn’t look too old and worn.

Here are the before and after pictures…

Stamp and Rhinestone on fabric|Amy Cox for Silhouette

Stamp and Rhinestone on fabric|Amy Cox for Silhouette

Here is a product shot so you can see the stamp block I used and the rhinestone template. (I always cut several designs on the rhinestone fabric to save on materials.)

Stamp and Rhinestone on fabric|Amy Cox for Silhouette

How will you recreate your kids old school clothes into fun new summer clothes?  I’d love to see it!

signature Amy-Cox
My Profile  |  My Blog  |  Instagram  | Pinterest



Shapes used:
  • flourish swirls (rhinestone)
  • chevron (it was a free shape that came with the Portrait)

No comments:

Post a Comment